How Pet Diagnostics Help Us Deliver Better Care
Think about what human medicine would be without X-rays, ultrasound, CT machines or blood work. Even though we have the power to communicate with our doctors, it would still be difficult to diagnose any illness without confirming (or discounting!) it with diagnostics. This is even more true with veterinary medicine. Pets can’t tell us what’s wrong with them, but pet diagnostics help us fill in the blanks.
Learning from the Lab
With our partnership with Idexx Labs, we can run all the basic tests (and more!) that we could need. We use lab work consistently to perform pre-anesthetic blood work before surgeries, run disease screening tests, routine fecal exams, and so much more. The list of tests we can run include:
- Complete blood counts (CBCs)
- Blood chemistry panels
- Fecal exams
- Flex 4 screening test
(for heartworm and 3 tick-borne illnesses)
- Cytology (skin analysis)
- And more
Seeing Beyond the Surface
Our imaging technology includes both digital X-rays and ultrasound as well as echocardiograms, MRIs, and CT scans that we perform at our partner hospital just up the road. Additionally, all of our test results are reviewed by board-certified radiologists and cardiologists so you and your pet get an expert opinion.
More about our imaging technologies:
- Digital X-Rays – creates a detailed, static image of your pet’s internal structure
- Ultrasound - creates a moving, live image with sound waves of your pet’s abdomen and internal organs
- Echocardiogram – an ultrasound of the heart
- MRIs – uses magnetic and radio waves to generate an image of organs and other structures (such as tumors) in the body
- CT Scan – combines a series of digital X-ray images to create a 3D image of your pet’s skeleton and internal structures
Schedule an Appointment
If you think your pet would benefit from our advanced pet diagnostics, schedule an appointment today! We’ll assess their health and make suggestions for the appropriate tests to suit their needs.